Saturday, August 20, 2011

(Most likely but not definitely) Last Harry Potter-related blog!


Tonight I realized something.  Reminiscing over pictures is the equivalent of living our lives vicariously through ourselves.  ANOMALY!  I realized this as I was looking through pictures from my recent trip to Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  As I was browsing through the album of my trip, I thought Man, butterbeer sounds great, I wish I drank butterbeer.  That was, until I realized that I did drink butterbeer, and it was me in the picture.  Silly me.  Anyway, I don't know whether to be impressed by my discovery or saddened by how pathetically nostalgic I am.  I think I'll go with both.

In all honesty, I highly encourage anyone who doesn't mind spending unbelievable amounts of money on things they don't really need to go to Wizarding World.  Everything is overpriced, it's overcrowded, and it's not at all how you'd imagined Hogsmeade or Hogwarts to really be.  I can't imagine a better way to live out my childhood fantasies.  Did I mention the butterbeer?  It really is fantastic.

Behind us you see the Hogwarts Express, and to your right you see sexy biddies.

Aforementioned butterbeer shot.

Dreary looking picture of a sign.

My future home.  

I admit, the likelihood of Hogwarts being my future home is pretty low.  Given the economic climate, I highly doubt I'd be able to afford such a place.  But once the housing market is more reliable, I think I'll be able to purchase an affordable place, preferably in one of the towers.  Can anyone say penthouse, woot woot!

1 comment: